The Middle Way
Original Air Date: November 26, 2019
Blog Talk Radio Link: https://www.blogtalkradio.com/livingadream/2019/11/27/the-middle-way
Complete text of episode 25 of the Living a Dream podcast series:
Episode 25 The Middle Way
Welcome to the twenty-fifth episode of the Living a Dream: A Transformational Journey podcast. My name is Jo Calk. I am a Life Awareness Coach, Reiki Master, author, and speaker. Today’s episode is “The Middle Way.”
First, I want to share my Life Purpose Statement:
“The purpose of my life is to be present, joyful, and compassionate, and to share my joy, make a difference, and be a role model to others that, by changing some of our internal beliefs and judgments, we can make a difference in the world.”
My Ultimate Goal is the global enlightenment and peace on our Earth, our physical reality, through our awakening, awareness, and action in transforming our beliefs about each other and the Earth.
I am not alone in having this Goal of “Peace on Earth,” but my approach is a bit different: I am enlightening the Earth from within.
During this podcast series, please be open to the possibility that your life can change and improve in ways unimaginable now.
The Middle Way
The world may seem to be divided into two polar opposites. We appear to have to choose between one side or the other; we are for one side and against the other side. We see ourselves as the “good guys” and the others as evil, the enemy, to be eliminated virtually through shouting down or physically through violence. This polarization, like the world itself, is a projection of our inner conflict or inner warring sides and fear.
It’s time for a “wake-up call”!
Make up your own mind. Don’t just mindlessly follow someone else. Be independent, find your own way, pursue your own dreams, uncover the love and joy within you, which is not controlled or manipulated by anyone else. Express your love and joy freely, without fear of criticism. Don’t let someone else do your thinking for you; think for yourself. Be your own self. Regain your own personal power for yourself. Stand up for what you believe in your heart and your gut, without fear of being out of the “norm.” Set your own “norm”; set yourself free.
Don’t wake up each morning, waiting to hear from others what you should think or do that day. Wake up each morning with your own dream, your vision, of what the day brings. Make your own decisions, choose your own path. Feel the personal power of being the captain of your own ship, the trailblazer into new territory.
You always have choices; don’t let others make the choices for you. Explore both extremes of choices and build your own third choice, middle path, the Middle Way, and joyously move in the direction of your own choosing. Follow your heart and gut. See what others don’t see; go where others are afraid to go. What brings you joy and love, regardless of what others think or tell you? Follow your own guidance of joy, happiness, fulfillment, and love.
Yes, you can use your free will to choose to follow others, believe as they believe, think as they think. You also have free will to choose your own path. Which way sounds more interesting to you? Which path feels more like you? Which choice resonates with you and brings out your inner joy and love?
You still have all the gifts you were born with: joy, love, and positive self attributes. Find these gifts, that have been buried under all the garbage of other people’s thoughts, beliefs, opinions, fears, and controls that you had accepted as your own. Find your true Self and start living your own life the way you want to live it.
Consider the famous Apple Computer commercial broadcast only once during a Super Bowl game. Don’t be the Mindless Gray expanse of humanity, thinking lockstep with the thoughts of a telecast image of a leader. Take your sledgehammer and break the screen. Break free of the dull black and white thinking and bring color, freedom, and joy to your life. You will find your life has become richer, more fulfilling, brighter, and full of dreams and purpose. Try it for yourself. If you don’t like it, you can always go back to your gray cloak of a follower.
Be a leader. Dream BIG and live the dream.
Take a Shower
For an example of the Middle Way, let’s take a shower.
Okay, for those who don’t take showers but prefer baths, please replace “shower” in this scenario with “bath.” Thank you.
Today’s norm is to take a shower every day, which provides one option for consideration. When I was a child, we took a shower once a week, because we had a well and were careful about not wasting water; this could be considered another option, because it was a pattern from the past. Having two somewhat divergent options, I can choose either to take a shower once a week like I did in the past or I can choose to take a shower once a day like I “should.” Either-or, black-or-white, thinking precludes any other option, often resulting in limiting our choices.
How about creating our own Middle Way? This scenario provides an abundance of options for the Middle Way. Some examples include:
- take a shower twice a week
- three times a week
- 4 times a week
- 5 times a week
- 6 times a week
- every other day
- every third day
Pushing the presumed “limits” set by “once a week” vs. “daily,” we have even more options, such as:
- never take a shower
- take a shower once every two weeks
- every 3 weeks, etc.
- take a shower once a month
- when I need a shower
- when I can’t stand myself any more
- when someone else tells me that I need a shower
- taking two showers a day or three or four, etc.
- taking two showers one day and one shower the other days of the week, etc.
Although this is a trivial scenario, you can see that, by expanding our options, we give ourselves more freedom to explore a variety of paths. Perhaps we decide to change our choice weekly, bi-monthly, monthly, every other month, etc. The options are endless! Maybe the first week of the month you take one shower, the second week you take two showers, etc. Or, we can use a set of cards, each with one of a plethora of options, and we draw a card once a week and follow the shower schedule for that week. This approach “appears” to put the choice outside ourselves but, because there is no “outside,” we are choosing for ourselves by playing a game. Perhaps, each day, let a pendulum tell you whether you take a shower today or not. Or use strength testing; or… or… or… – you get the idea.
Whatever method is preferred (which, by the way, is your first choice), choosing the Middle Way (which could include one of the original two options) illustrates that you always have multiple choices, which better illustrates the “free will” we all have.
What are some examples of your Middle Way? Times when you did not take either extreme but blazed your own path somewhere in between. When faced with apparent either/or, black/white decisions, consider what appeals to you from each option and create your own Middle Way.
Let’s look at this week’s tools, activities, and summary:
- Be open to the possibility that your life can change and improve in ways unimaginable now.
- You always have options.
- When faced with two divergent options, create your own “Middle Option”
- We Are All ONE as Source – we are all Pure Energy wearing a body-suit for our adventure in physicality on Playground Earth.
- Replace fear with love, knowing that we are all Source.
- Change your life model from a “fort” to a “raft.”
- By changing within, we become the change in the world.
- We are all part of The Global Shift in Consciousness that is occurring now.
- Envision the Earth as a giant Playground in which we all play as Pure Energy Beings having a physical experience. Imagine working together with others for the well-being of all – including the Earth.
- Imagine no longer living in fear. Imagine seeing everyone AS US. Imagine being calm, knowing we are Source Energy in a body-suit of our own creation, in a Playground Earth of our own creation, within the multiple Universes of Source’s creation.
- Think about what changes a love-based world has provided. What do you love doing, that brings you joy and is of service to others? How does the world appear now that everything and everyone is viewed from love, instead of fear?
- Notice the myriad of options you face each day. Become aware of when you “choose by default” by allowing someone else to choose for you, notice when you believe you only have two choices, and notice when you create a third choice.
- We are awakening from the dream that we are victims of this world. We created this world from love and joy; we are returning this world to love and joy now that we remember we are all ONE as Source.
- We always have choices, and we can create additional choices, “The Middle Way” between two apparently divergent options.
- To change the world, we change our beliefs, attitudes, thoughts, actions, and reactions from within ourselves, as Pure Source Energy surrounding a body-suit.
- We replace fear with love in every situation.
- We tear down all our “forts” and create “rafts” to calmly float down the River of Life, choosing to get off the raft and explore interesting experiences.
- The Global Shift to Peace on Earth is occurring; we choose to take part in the Transformation, each coming from our own personal Middle Way.
You are welcome to visit my website at www.Jo-Calk.com. Under the “Podcaster” menu item click on the “Living a Dream: A Transformational Journey” link, I have added a bibliography of books that have inspired me and that resonate with my beliefs; I have also added new pages containing the text of the previous podcasts and will add the text of this podcast for you to review as you wish. In addition, Blog Talk Radio has recorded, saved, and makes available all the episodes of this Living a Dream: A Transformational Journey podcast series, so you can replay an episode whenever you choose. Please visit, https://www.blogtalkradio.com/livingadream/ to see the list of episodes and listen to those that have been recorded or listen to a new podcast as it is being broadcast.
If you have a question or comment, please contact me at: Jo@Jo-Calk.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
The next podcast is “The Three Brains.” You will be introduced to the three brains in the human body-suit.
I hope you will join me here next Tuesday, at 4:00 p.m. (Pacific US Time) / 7:00 p.m. (Eastern US Time).
This is Jo Calk signing off:
Blessings to all of us Dreamers on our Transformational Journey.
ALL TEXT IS COPYRIGHT (c) 2019, by Jo Calk