The Second Fundamental Question of Life
Original Air Date: October 29, 2019
Complete text of episode 21 of the Living a Dream podcast series:
Episode 21 – The Second Fundamental Question of Life – Full Script Text
Welcome to the twenty-first episode of the Living a Dream: A Transformational Journey podcast. My name is Jo Calk. I am a Life Awareness Coach, Reiki Master, author, and speaker. Today’s episode is “The Second Fundamental Question of Life.” To participate on a panel to discuss the question in an open-mike call-in forum, call 646-564-9667 now.
First, I want to share my Life Purpose Statement:
“The purpose of my life is to be present, joyful, and compassionate, and to share my joy, make a difference, and be a role model to others that, by changing some of their internal beliefs and judgments, they can also make a difference in the world.”
My Ultimate Goal is the global enlightenment and peace on our Earth, our physical reality, through the awakening, awareness, and action of its people in transforming our beliefs about each other and the Earth.
I am not alone in having this Goal of “Peace on Earth,” but my approach is a bit different: I am enlightening the Earth from within.
During this podcast series, please be open to the possibility that your life can change and improve in ways unimaginable now.
This is the fifth in a series of 7 podcast episodes, in which one of seven questions is announced, followed by call-in listeners who wish to participate in an open-mike discussion of the question. The questions are called “The 7 Simple Questions” and were introduced by Neale Donald Walsch in his book, Storm Before the Calm. Mr. Walsch states, “The following inquiries, made in the depth of our own soul, and used by us to invite others into their own soul searching, could change the world.”
I, and everyone else, have been given explicit permission by Mr. Walsch to use the 7 Simple Questions in our work, to share the discussions around the questions that could change the world. I thank Neale Donald Walsch for his waiving of copyright protections for us to freely engage in the 7 Simple Questions that invite our own soul-searching.
Please call in at 646-564-9667 to discuss the following question first proposed by Neale Donald Walsch in his book, Storm Before the Calm.
The Second Fundamental Question of Life (question 5 of 7):
Where am I?
First, Neale Donald Walsch’s Response to this question:
I am on the Eternal Journey of the Soul. I am moving on that journey from the Realm of the Spiritual to the Realm of the Physical to the Realm of the Virtual in a continuing cycle.
The Realm of the Spiritual is the realm of the absolute, where everything exists in its absolute state. In this realm there is only Love, it is always Now, and there is only Here. It’s a state of Always Here/Now/Love and has sometimes been called Heaven. In truth, it is but a part of heaven. One of three aspects or expressions in “paradise.”
This realm may also be called the Realm of Knowing, because everything that is, is utterly and completely known.
The Realm of the Physical is the realm of the relative, where things exist relative to other things. Here there is up and down, big and small, fast and slow, hot and cold, here and there, before and after, male and female, and an entire universe of what appear to be.
This realm may also be called the Realm of Experiencing, because the soul places itself here in order to experience, in relative terms, what it knows itself to be absolutely.
The Realm of the Virtual is the realm of virtually everything/always. It is what we would call, in today’s technological terms, a Virtual Reality. That is, exactly as on a computer, we are making it all up.
God is the Great Maker-Upper. Or, if you prefer more respectful and reverent language…God is the Creator.
This realm is the place of Pure Being, where that Which Is resides in its Isness. This is the place of the All-in-All, the Whole of Everything, the Power and the Glory, the Sum Total.
This realm may also be called the Realm of Being.
I am, right now, in the Realm of the Physical. This is not a waystation outside of heaven, where I work in some way to make myself “worthy” of returning to God.
Nor it is a school, where I must make passing grades. There is nothing for me to learn, there is only for me to remember. Everything I needed to know I knew when I arrived here. It is part of my cellular encoding.
The 300-year-old tree outside my window knows nothing more now about how to be a tree than it knew when it was a seedling, no bigger than the nail on my little finger. All it has done is grow into itself, becoming more of what it always was. I am doing precisely the same thing.
Nor is this place where I am a testing ground, where I am put through my paces to make sure I am up to snuff. I was perfect when I arrived here, I am perfect in this moment, and I will ever and always be perfect through the entirety of my eternal and everlasting life.
This place called Earth is simply (and magnificently) a place where I am able, because of its relative environment, to experience in lifetime after lifetime any and every aspect of God that it brings me joy to express in me, through me, as me.
There is nothing I have to do, nowhere I have to go, and no way I have to be except exactly the way I am being right now. My happiness is knowing this, my joy is expressing it, my bliss is experiencing it. There’s no journey, really.
These three realms—this whole construction, if you will—was given to me in my conversations with God. There is obviously much more to explain about all of this. I am skimming the surface here, because to go much deeper would fill two books. I went this far because I felt it was only fair to offer the answers to these questions that have emerged through me and in me as a result of my own soul searching—and my direct questioning of God.
Not everyone would come up with the same answers even if they, too, questioned God. I am clear that God speaks to each of us in the language and using the terms and offering the analogies and illustrations that God knows will best allow us to understand with our finite minds the infinite reality.
The illusion of “movement” from one “realm” to another, throughout the EverMoment that we call eternity, is the result of the placing of our attention on one part or another of that which is Always Present.
End of Neale Donald Walsch text.
My response to the question “Where Am I?” I am simultaneously (1) an aspect of Source Itself, eternal and loving; (2) Source in a body-suit experiencing a physical time-space reality; and (3) creating my future, through my preferences, desires, thoughts, goals, and purpose. At times, I immerse myself in the physicality. but I remain as Source and as Creator of my own future. I don’t change – my focus changes. I have awakened from the dream of being only physical. I remember Who I Really Am: I am Source, as are all others.
I am Source experiencing physicality on Playground Earth. This Earth is pure eternal energy slowed down to create physical contrasts for Source to experience all aspects of Itself. I and 7.5 billion other people are providing all possible perspectives for Source to grow and expand through our experiences. We had forgotten that we created this physical “reality,” but are now remembering Who We Really Are, and are awakening from our long slumber to transform ourselves and the Earth into the new love-based paradigm.
Some thoughts and concepts we have discussed in previous podcasts that relate to this question:
- We are ONE as Source. We ARE Source
- We are Pure Source Energy having a physical experience on Playground Earth, wearing body-suits to gain the full sensation of physicality
- Our Soul extends out forever, joining with other Souls as the ONE Soul of Source. We are freed from the belief of being separate, isolated, physical beings, apart from Source.
- We were all “born” with gifts of love, joy, and positive self-attributes. We still have those gifts, which may be buried under other people’s beliefs, opinions, attitudes, and thoughts that we accepted as our own
- Happiness is within us, we need not search for it elsewhere
- All people are equal and unique
- They aren’t “for” us, they aren’t “against” us, They ARE Us
- Other people are reflections of ourselves
- We always have choices. We can choose fear, or we can choose love. We have preferences, not judgments. We have preferences, not prejudices. We teach only love as our “go-to” response to all events. We change our viewpoint: We see the world as we want it to be – not as we think it is now.
- We were in a waking dream, believing what we are seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, and tasting are solid, visible, and real. We are awakening from this dream of believing we are separate physical beings in a separate physical world
Let’s look at this week’s tools, activities, and summary:
- Be open to the possibility that your life can change and improve in ways unimaginable now.
- We Are All ONE as Source – we are all Pure Energy wearing a body-suit for our adventure in physicality on Playground Earth.
- Replace fear with love, knowing that we are all Source.
- By changing within, we become the change in the world.
- We are all part of The Global Shift in Consciousness that is occurring now.
ACTION NEALE DONALD WALSCH HOPES YOU WILL TAKE…
* Completely rearrange your thinking about this place called Earth. Begin to experience life “on earth as it is in heaven.” That is, as if this were a paradise.
* In order to do this, you would have to rearrange your thinking about Who You Are and about How Life Works. You would have to adopt a new perspective—the perspective of the soul, on why things are happening the way they are happening, what the purpose of every event is, and how we can put those events to that purpose in a meaningful way.
* Make a list of conditions, experiences, and circumstances that have existed or now exist in your life that create a context allowing you to experience who you are by presenting you with who and what you are not. Bless those experiences and circumstances and forgive yourself for ever having been them wrong, or not okay with you (if, in fact, you ever did). Embrace them now in your heart as the gifts that each of them were and are.
My Suggested Activities:
- Envision the Earth as a giant Playground in which we all play as Pure Energy Beings having a physical experience.
- Imagine no longer living in fear. Imagine seeing everyone AS US. Imagine being calm, knowing we are Source Energy in a body-suit of our own creation, in a Playground Earth of our own creation, within the multiple Universes of Source’s creation.
- Think about what changes a love-based world provides. What do you love doing, that brings you joy and is of service to others? How does the world appear if everything and everyone were viewed from love, instead of fear?
POINTS NEALE DONALD WALSH HOPES YOU WILL REMEMBER…
* There are three realms in the Kingdom of God.
* We are now in the Realm of the Physical.
* We are not here to learn anything, or to be tested.
* We are here to experience any aspect of Divinity that we wish. That is what makes this a paradise.
* You cannot experience What You Are except in the presence of What You Are Not.
* God is a process, and you are part of that process right now.
- We must awaken from the dream that we are victims of this world. We created this world from love and joy; we can return this world to love and joy when we remember we are all ONE as Source.
- To change the world, we change our beliefs, attitudes, thoughts, actions, and reactions from within ourselves, as Pure Source Energy surrounding a body-suit.
- Replace fear with love in every situation.
- The Global Shift to Peace on Earth is occurring now; we are choosing to take part in the Transformation.
You are welcome to visit my website at Jo-Calk.com. Under the “Podcaster” menu item click on the “Living a Dream: A Transformational Journey” link, I have added a bibliography of books that have inspired me and that resonate with my beliefs; I have also added new pages containing the text of the previous podcasts and will add the text of this podcast for you to review as you wish. In addition, Blog Talk Radio has recorded, saved, and makes available all the episodes of this Living a Dream: A Transformational Journey podcast series, so you can replay an episode whenever you choose. Please visit, https://www.blogtalkradio.com/livingadream/ to see the list of episodes and listen to those that have been recorded or listen to a new podcast as it is being broadcast.
If you have a question or comment, please contact me at: Jo@Jo-Calk.com
I look forward to hearing from you.
The next podcast is “The Third Fundamental Question of Life,” I will ask the sixth of Neale Donald Walsch’s “7 Simple Questions” from his book Storm Before the Calm. As this week, next week will be held in a Q&A open-mike forum. Please call in next week and add your voice to the discussion of each of these 7 important questions, which invite deep soul-searching – and could change the world.
I hope you will join me here next Tuesday, at 4:00 p.m. (Pacific US Time) / 7:00 p.m. (Eastern US Time).
Until then, this is Jo Calk signing off:
Blessings to all of us Dreamers on our Transformational Journey
ALL TEXT IS COPYRIGHT (c) 2019, by Jo Calk