The Third Persistent Question
Original Air Date: October 15, 2019
Blog Talk Radio Link: https://www.blogtalkradio.com/livingadream/2019/10/15/the-third-persistent-question
Complete text of episode 19 of the Living a Dream podcast series:
Episode 19 – The Third Persistent Question – Full Script Text
Welcome to the nineteenth episode of the Living a Dream: A Transformational Journey podcast. My name is Jo Calk. I am a Life Awareness Coach, Reiki Master, author, and speaker. Today’s episode is “The Third Persistent Question.” To participate on a panel to discuss the question in an open-mike call-in forum, call 646-564-9667 now.
First, I want to share my Life Purpose Statement:
“The purpose of my life is to be present, joyful, and compassionate, and to share my joy, make a difference, and be a role model to others that, by changing some of their internal beliefs and judgments, they can also make a difference in the world.”
My Ultimate Goal is the global enlightenment and peace on our Earth, our physical reality, through the awakening, awareness, and action of its people in transforming our beliefs about each other and the Earth.
I am not alone in having this Goal of “Peace on Earth,” but my approach is a bit different: I am enlightening the Earth from within.
During this podcast series, please be open to the possibility that your life can change and improve in ways unimaginable now.
This is the third in a series of 7 podcast episodes, in which one of seven questions is announced, followed by call-in listeners who wish to participate in an open-mike discussion of the question. The questions are called “The 7 Simple Questions” and were introduced by Neale Donald Walsch in his book, Storm Before the Calm. Mr. Walsch states, “The following inquiries, made in the depth of our own soul, and used by us to invite others into their own soul searching, could change the world.”
I, and everyone else, have been given explicit permission by Mr. Walsch to use the 7 Simple Questions in our work, to share the discussions around the questions that could change the world. I thank Neale Donald Walsch for his waiving of copyright protections for us to freely engage in the 7 Simple Questions that invite our own soul-searching.
Please call in at 646-564-9667 to discuss the following question first proposed by Neale Donald Walsch in his book, Storm Before the Calm.
The Third Persistent Question:
Is it possible that there is something we do not fully understand about ourselves, about our own life and its purpose, the understanding of which would shift our reality and alter our experience for the better, forever?
First, Neale Donald Walsch’s discussion of this question:
Of course, it’s possible, and it’s what’s so. We don’t understand hardly anything about ourselves. We don’t even understand how we think, or why we think the way we think.
We don’t understand who we are or where we are or how we got here or why in the heck we are here anyway.
We don’t understand our relationship to God, our relationship to each other, our purpose in life and…most regrettable of all…we don’t understand how to love.
Most of us don’t even know what love is.
We don’t understand why things happen in our life the way they do, and we don’t understand how to cope with them when they do. We are completely at a loss to explain most of what’s going on around us—and even if we do have an explanation, we don’t understand how to make practical use of it; how to live it.
I did not understand until I turned 50 that the entire purpose of my life was to recreate myself anew in the next grandest version of the greatest vision ever I held about Who I Am. I did not know that every act is an act of self-definition.
When I asked God, in my moment of earnest and deep yearning, why my life was not working, God said, “That’s easy. You think your life is about you.”
I was made to understand that my life had nothing to do with me, but rather, with everyone whose life I touched—and with how I touched them. I wished someone had told me this 30 years earlier…
I didn’t know that I was holy. A sacred aspect of The Sacred Itself. I thought I was nothing, smaller than a piece of dust in the cosmic sky. Then I discovered Who I Really Am—who we all are—and what we are all doing here, and everything shifted in my life.
I found that earlier in my life I knew nothing of the real truths of life. Late in life I learned that I was here on earth on a divine mission, serving the purpose of the Soul, and that I had spent 98% of my time on the 98% of things that simply didn’t matter.
Now I know better. As my father used to say, “So old so soon, so smart so late.” And as my mother used to say, “Better late than never.”
End of Neale Donald Walsch text.
My response to the question: Is it possible that there is something we do not fully understand about ourselves, about our own life and its purpose, the understanding of which would shift our reality and alter our experience for the better, forever?
Yes, I sincerely believe that. As a child and throughout most of my adult life, I believed I was here by accident, by mistake, or as the result of some “bad karma” from a previous lifetime. I believed I was born “bad” and could never make it better. Then I learned that my belief in being punished was a result, not a cause, of my depression from childhood trauma. Once the weight of “bad karma” was lifted, my days became brighter, hopeful, and even joyous. I remembered, rediscovered, that we are all one as Source, we ARE Source. We are so much more than our body-suit that we wear in this artificial physicality we choose to experience. I became enlightened (lightened) and I’m sharing that joy and experience with you, so you and the entire world can also become enlightened and living a life of joy and love. Because we are all ONE as Source, we are here with the intention to find and express joy and love and to be of service to others, as equal and unique aspects of our Selves as Source. Any internal conflict we have is acted out in this physical Playground Earth. When we change our internal beliefs and thoughts, we change our world.
Some thoughts and concepts we have discussed in previous podcasts that relate to this question:
- We are ONE as Source. We ARE Source
- We are Pure Source Energy having a physical experience on Playground Earth, wearing body-suits to gain the full sensation of physicality
- Our Soul extends out forever, joining with other Souls as the ONE Soul of Source. We are freed from the belief of being separate, isolated, physical beings, apart from Source.
- We were all “born” with gifts of love, joy, and positive self-attributes. We still have those gifts, which may be buried under other people’s beliefs, opinions, attitudes, and thoughts that we accepted as our own
- Happiness is within you, you need not search for it elsewhere
- All people are equal and unique
- They aren’t “for” us, they aren’t “against” us, They ARE Us
- Other people are reflections of ourselves
- We always have choices. We can choose fear, or we can choose love. We can have preferences, not judgments. We can have preferences, not prejudices. Teach only love as your “go-to” response to all events. Change your viewpoint: See the world as you want it to be – not as you think it is now.
- We are in a waking dream, believing what we are seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, and tasting are solid, visible, and real. We can awaken from this dream of believing we are separate physical beings in a separate physical world
Let’s look at this week’s tools, activities, and summary:
- Be open to the possibility that your life can change and improve in ways unimaginable now.
- We Are All ONE as Source – we are all Pure Energy wearing a body-suit for our adventure in physicality on Playground Earth.
- Replace fear with love, knowing that we are all Source.
- Our purpose in life is to experience contrast, make choices, and enjoy the sensations of physicality on Playground Earth, while we become role models to others to find their purpose in life.
- By changing within, we become the change in the world.
- We are all part of The Global Shift in Consciousness that is occurring now.
ACTION Neale Donald Walsch hopes you will take…
* Undertake the work of the Soul. Determine this moment to begin spending 20 minutes a day with your Soul.
My suggested activities:
- Envision the Earth as a giant Playground in which we all play as Pure Energy Beings having a physical experience. Embrace our purpose, our mission, our goal of having fun and enlightening others to our true Eternal Selves.
- Imagine no longer living in fear. Imagine seeing everyone AS US. Imagine being calm, knowing we are Source Energy in a body-suit of our own creation, in a Playground Earth of our own creation, within the multiple Universes of Source’s creation.
- Think about what changes a love-based world would provide. What would you love doing, that brings you joy and is of service to others? How would the world appear if everything and everyone were viewed from love, instead of fear?
POINTS Neale Donald Walsch hopes you will remember…
* We don’t understand hardly anything about ourselves.
* We don’t understand our relationship to God, our relationship to each other, our purpose in life and…most regrettable of all…we don’t understand how to love.
* When we understand these things, our whole world changes; our life is never again the same.
- We must awaken from the dream that we are victims of this world. We created this world from love and joy; we can return this world to love and joy when we remember we are all ONE as Source.
- To change the world, we change our beliefs, attitudes, thoughts, actions, and reactions from within ourselves, as Pure Source Energy surrounding a body-suit.
- Replace fear with love in every situation.
- Our purpose in life is to have fun and be of service to others, enlightening others to our true Eternal Selves.
- The Global Shift to Peace on Earth is occurring now; we are choosing to take part in the Transformation.
You are welcome to visit my website at Jo-Calk.com. Under the “Podcaster” menu item click on the “Living a Dream: A Transformational Journey” link, I have added a bibliography of books that have inspired me and that resonate with my beliefs; I have also added new pages containing the text of the previous podcasts and will add the text of this podcast for you to review as you wish. In addition, Blog Talk Radio has recorded, saved, and makes available all the episodes of this Living a Dream: A Transformational Journey podcast series, so you can replay an episode whenever you choose. Please visit, https://www.blogtalkradio.com/livingadream/ to see the list of episodes and listen to those that have been recorded or listen to a new podcast as it is being broadcast.
If you have a question or comment, please contact me at: Jo@Jo-Calk.com
I look forward to hearing from you.
The next podcast is “The First Foundational Question of Life.” I will ask the fourth of Neale Donald Walsch’s “7 Simple Questions” from his book Storm Before the Calm. As this week, next week will be held in a Q&A open-mike forum. Please call in next week and add your voice to the discussion of each of these 7 important questions, which invite deep soul-searching – and could change the world.
I hope you will join me here next Tuesday, at 4:00 p.m. (Pacific US Time) / 7:00 p.m. (Eastern US Time).
Until then this is Jo Calk signing off:
Blessings to all of us Dreamers on our Transformational Journey.
ALL TEXT IS COPYRIGHT (c) 2019, by Jo Calk