The Second Persistent Question
Original Air Date: October 8, 2019
Blog Talk Radio Link: https://www.blogtalkradio.com/livingadream/2019/10/08/the-second-persistent-question
Complete text of episode 18 of the Living a Dream podcast series:
Episode 18 – The Second Persistent Question – Full Script Text
Welcome to the eighteenth episode of the Living a Dream: A Transformational Journey podcast. My name is Jo Calk. I am a Life Awareness Coach, Reiki Master, author, and speaker. Today’s episode is “The Second Persistent Question.” To participate on a panel to address and, hopefully, answer the question in an open-mike call-in forum, call 646-564-9667.
First, I want to share my Life Purpose Statement:
“The purpose of my life is to be present, joyful, and compassionate, and to share my joy, make a difference, and be a role model to others that, by changing some of their internal beliefs and judgments, they can also change the world.”
My Ultimate Goal is the global enlightenment and peace on our Earth, our physical reality, through the awakening, awareness, and action of its people in transforming our beliefs about each other and the Earth.
I am not alone in having this Goal of “Peace on Earth,” but my approach is a bit different: I am enlightening the Earth from within.
During this podcast series, please be open to the possibility that your life can change and improve in ways unimaginable now.
This is the second of a series of 7 podcast episodes, in which one of seven questions is announced, followed by call-in listeners who wish to participate in an open-mike discussion of the question. The questions are called “The 7 Simple Questions” and were introduced by Neale Donald Walsch in his book, Storm Before the Calm. Mr. Walsch states, “The following inquiries, made in the depth of our own soul, and used by us to invite others into their own soul searching, could change the world.”
I, and everyone else, have been given explicit permission by Mr. Walsch to use the 7 Simple Questions in our lives, to share the discussion around the questions that could change the world. I thank Neale Donald Walsch for his waiving of copyright protections for us to freely engage in the 7 Simple Questions that invite our own soul-searching.
Please call in at 646-564-9667 to discuss the following question first proposed by Neale Donald Walsch in his book, Storm Before the Calm.
The Second Persistent Question:
Is it possible that there is something we do not fully understand about life, the understanding of which would change everything?
From Neale Donald Walsch:
Of course, it’s possible, and it’s what’s so. To declare that we understand everything about God and life is sheer folly.
Clearly, there is an information gap here. Clearly, all the data is not in.
What we don’t know
When I was a young man there was a saying: “What you don’t know won’t hurt you.” Today it is exactly the opposite. What you don’t know will hurt you.
There’s something missing here. There’s obviously some data missing. But it takes such courage to admit even that, much less to offer some suggestions on what the missing data may be, that the question has effectively been closed for most of humanity.
Not for all of it, mind you. But for most of it.
So, here is the irony: While a very large number of people would readily admit that we don’t, on this Earth, fully understand God and life, the pursuit of newer understandings is deeply discouraged, if not roundly denounced.
What we don’t know
And it is not just all the stuff around “God” that we don’t understand. We don’t know half of what we need to know to truly understand life itself.
We don’t understand even the rudimentary elements or functions of Life Energy. We don’t understand the magnetic qualities of attraction. We don’t understand the power of fear. We do not and cannot seem to behold the miracle of love. I mean, true love. Unconditional love.
We insist that if something can’t be measured, analyzed, tested, and proven by scientific methods, it does not exist. We therefore eliminate from our own good use anything and everything having to do with extra-sensory perception, mind fields, creative imagery, psychic insight, dream work, positive thinking, or any other non-measurable, inexplicable phenomena.
Let me give you just one tiny, tiny example of what I am talking about.
Let us say that you experience yourself wanting something desperately. Did you know that if you keep saying to yourself I want that!, you are announcing to the universe that you do not now have it? And that this announcement produces your continuing reality of not having it?
As long as you hold such a thought, you cannot have what you “want,” because you cannot have on the one hand what you are confirming on the other that you do not. The point: Your Word Has Creative Power.
For instance, the statement “I want more money” may not draw money to you, but may actually push it away. This is because the universe has only one response in its vocabulary: “Yes.”
It listens to you very carefully, and it listens most of all to what you are feeling. The opening book in my Conversations with God series says that “feeling is the language of the soul.” If you constantly say, “I want more money!” and the Universe “feels your feeling” around that, and it is a feeling of lack, this is what the universe will respond to.
The Engine of Creation is actually a magnet. We are talking about power here. The power of a magnet. Remember that a feeling is energy, and in the matter of energy, Like Attracts Like.
So, the Universe will say “Yes!”—and you will continue wanting more money.
In using the energy of life, the word “I” is the ignition key of creation. What follows the word “I” turns the key and starts the engine of manifestation. Thus, when it “looks as if” Personal Creation is not working it is only because the Energy of Attraction has brought you what you inadvertently selected rather than what you thought you chose.
This is what is going on all over the world right now.
This is what has caused The Storm Before The Calm.
The power of life’s energy is always ON. The process works all the time, not just part of the time, and is fed by that which you feel most deeply, most consistently.
So, a single very positive thought in a whirlwind of not-so-positive ideas and projections is not likely to produce the desired result. The trick is to stay positive in a sea of negativity. The trick is to know that the process is working even when it looks as if it is not. That is what will turn this storm front around.
END OF NEALE DONALD WALSCH TEXT
As to my response to the second persistent question: Is it possible that there is something we do not fully understand about life, the understanding of which would change everything? I say “Yes!” In this podcast series, we have learned that everything is Pure Source Energy, including all of us. We have forgotten we are Energy experiencing physicality on Playground Earth. Life doesn’t happen “to” us; life is what we believe and think it is. We can change our beliefs and thoughts to increase the enjoyment of our life. Life happens within us and expresses itself to the world, which we only think is “outside us.” We are all ONE, all interconnected, at the level of the atom, which consists only of vortexes, nanotornadoes, of energy. Life is internal to us as energy beings, and acted out in the play in which we are writing, directing, and acting. Feel, perceive, beyond the façade, the illusion, and remember we are Source experiencing Itself from billions of physical perspectives. We replace our old world of fear with a new love-based world of cooperation, sharing, and abundance from being ONE as Source.
Some thoughts and concepts we have discussed in previous podcasts that relate to this question:
- We are ONE as Source. We ARE Source
- We are Pure Source Energy having a physical experience on Playground Earth, wearing body-suits to gain the full sensation of physicality
- Our Soul extends out forever, joining with other Souls as the ONE Soul of Source. We are freed from the belief of being separate, isolated, physical beings, apart from Source.
- We were all “born” with gifts of love, joy, and positive self-attributes. We still have those gifts, which may be buried under other people’s beliefs, opinions, attitudes, and thoughts that we accepted as our own
- Happiness is within us, we need not search for it elsewhere
- All people are equal and unique
- They aren’t “for” us, they aren’t “against” us, They ARE Us
- Other people are reflections of ourselves
- We always have choices. We can choose fear, or we can choose love. Have preferences, not judgments. Have preferences, not prejudices. Teach only love as your “go-to” response to all events. Change your viewpoint: See the world as you want it to be – not as you think it is now
- We are in a waking dream, believing what we are seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, and tasting are solid, visible, and real. We can awaken from this dream of believing we are separate physical beings in a separate physical world
- When you push against something, it pushes back, and your focus is on what you are pushing against – focus on what you want
Let’s look at this week’s tools, activities, and summary:
- Be open to the possibility that your life can change and improve in ways unimaginable now.
- We Are All ONE as Source – we are all Pure Energy wearing a body-suit for our adventure in physicality on Playground Earth.
- Replace fear with love, knowing that we are all Source.
- Life doesn’t happen “to” us; life is what we believe and think it is. We can change our beliefs and thoughts to increase the enjoyment of our life.
- By changing within, we become the change in the world.
- We are all part of The Global Shift in Consciousness that is occurring now.
ACTION NEALE DONALD WALSCH HOPES YOU WILL TAKE…
* Look to see what you feel that you know about God. Make a list—yes, an actual list—of “Things I Know About God.” See how this lines up with what you were taught as a child or came to understand through the common culture.
* Look to see what you feel that you know about Life. Make a list—yes, an actual list—of “Things I Know About Life.” See how this lines up with what you were taught as a child or came to understand through the common culture.
* Learn all you can about the energy of life and how it works. Promise yourself to actually make a study of it in the next year. Twelve months from today, add this to your discussions with others about the Seven Simple Questions.
My suggested activities:
- Envision the Earth as a giant Playground in which we all play as Pure Energy Beings having a physical experience.
- Change your foundational beliefs and thoughts to increase the enjoyment of your life.
- Imagine no longer living in fear. Imagine seeing everyone AS US. Imagine being calm, knowing we are Source Energy in a body-suit of our own creation, in a Playground Earth of our own creation, within the multiple Universes of Source’s creation.
- Think about what changes a love-based world would provide. What would you love doing, that brings you joy and is of service to others? How would the world appear if everything and everyone were viewed from love, instead of fear?
POINTS NEALE DONALD WALSCH HOPES YOU WILL REMEMBER…
* There is an information gap between what we know and what we need to know about God and Life.
* That information gap is huge, it is not small.
* If we began to close this gap, it would change everything.
My summary points:
- We must awaken from the dream that we are victims of this world. We created this world from love and joy; we can return this world to love and joy when we remember we are all ONE as Source.
- To change the world, we change our beliefs, attitudes, thoughts, actions, and reactions from within ourselves, as Pure Source Energy surrounding a body-suit.
- Life is internal to us as energy beings, and acted out in the play in which we are writing, directing, and acting. Feel and perceive, beyond the façade, the illusion, and remember we are Source experiencing Itself from billions of physical perspectives.
- Replace fear with love in every situation.
- The Global Shift to Peace on Earth is occurring now; we can choose to take part in the Transformation.
You are welcome to visit my website at Jo-Calk.com. Under the “Podcaster” menu item click on the “Living a Dream: A Transformational Journey” link, I have added a bibliography of books that have inspired me and that resonate with my beliefs; I have also added new pages containing the text of the previous podcasts and will add the text of this podcast for you to review as you wish. In addition, Blog Talk Radio has recorded, saved, and makes available all the episodes of this Living a Dream: A Transformational Journey podcast series, so you can replay an episode whenever you choose. Please visit, https://www.blogtalkradio.com/livingadream/ to see the list of episodes and listen to those that have been recorded or listen to a new podcast as it is being broadcast.
If you have a question or comment, please contact me at: Jo@Jo-Calk.com
I look forward to hearing from you.
The next podcast is “The Second Persistent Question.” I will ask the second of Neale Donald Walsch’s “7 Simple Questions” from his book Storm Before the Calm. As this week, next week will be held in a Q&A open-mike forum. Please call in next week and add your voice to the discussion of each of these 7 important questions, which invite deep soul-searching – and could change the world.
I hope you will join me here next Tuesday, at 4:00 p.m. (Pacific US Time) / 7:00 p.m. (Eastern US Time).
This is Jo Calk signing off:
Blessings to all of us Dreamers on our Transformational Journey.
ALL TEXT IS COPYRIGHT (c) 2019, by Jo Calk