The First Persistent Question
Original Air Date: September 24, 2019
Blog Talk Radio Link: https://www.blogtalkradio.com/livingadream/2019/09/24/the-first-persistent-question
Complete text of episode 17 of the Living a Dream podcast series:
Episode 17 – The First Persistent Question – Full Script Text
Welcome to the seventeenth episode of the Living a Dream: A Transformational Journey podcast. My name is Jo Calk. I am a Life Awareness Coach, Reiki Master, author, and speaker. Today’s episode is “The First Persistent Question.” To participate on a panel to discuss the question in an open-mike call-in forum, call 646-564-9667 now. You will be placed on the panel.
First, I want to share my Life Purpose Statement:
“The purpose of my life is to be present, joyful, and compassionate, and to share my joy, make a difference, and be a role model, to bring awareness to others that, by changing some of their internal beliefs and judgments, they can also make a difference in the world.”
My Ultimate Goal is the global enlightenment and peace on our Earth, our physical reality, through the awakening, awareness, and action of its people in transforming our beliefs about each other and the Earth.
I am not alone in having this Goal of “Peace on Earth,” but my approach is a bit different: I am enlightening the Earth from within.
During this podcast series, please be open to the possibility that your life can change and improve in ways unimaginable now.
This is the first of a series of 7 podcast episodes, in which one of seven questions is announced, followed by call-in listeners who wish to participate in an open-mike discussion of the question. The questions are called “The 7 Simple Questions” and were introduced by Neale Donald Walsch in his book, Storm Before the Calm. Mr. Walsch states, “The following inquiries, made in the depth of our own soul, and used by us to invite others into their own soul searching, could change the world.”
I, and everyone else, have been given explicit permission by Mr. Walsch to use the 7 Simple Questions in our work, to share the discussions around the questions that could change the world. I thank Neale Donald Walsch for his waiving of copyright protections for us to freely engage in the 7 Simple Questions that invite our own soul-searching.
Please call in at 646-564-9667 to discuss the following question first proposed by Neale Donald Walsch in his book, Storm Before the Calm.
The First Persistent Question:
How is it possible that 7.7 billion people can all claim to want the same thing (peace, security, opportunity, prosperity, happiness, and love) and be singularly unable to get it?
Neale Donald Walsch responds to this question with the following:
Some people have said this situation exists because not all people do want the same thing. They’ve suggested that some people want revenge, or violence, or “their way” at all cost, and so forth.
I disagree with this. I believe that at the heart of every person, every person is wonderful. I believe that at the core of every human, every human desires not to hurt anyone else, ever, but that they sometimes do so anyway, out of a thought that they can’t have peace, happiness, abundance, opportunity, safety, security, and love.
They want all of these things just the way all of us do, but they feel that life, or some condition in life, is not allowing them to have them. So they become…how to put it…
This does not justify or condone actions that harm or destroy—but it does explain them. I believe that people who get fighting mad could be asked a single question that might diffuse their anger, and the violent eruptions that too often spring from it.
Here’s the question: “What hurts you so bad that you feel you have to hurt me in order to heal it?”
The power of this question is striking.
It is not true that some human beings are just “naturally evil.” Conversations with God made this very clear to me. One of the dialogue’s most compelling announcements was this: “No one does anything inappropriate, given their model of the world.”
How is it possible that an entire world full of people cannot get what they collectively insist they want? Simple. Their model of the world does not allow it.
The global population continues to embrace an ancient Cultural Story, a story based in primitive misunderstandings about life and God and who we are and what is “so” on this earth.
The majority of people have refused to let go of this story even though it has been proven to be not only ineffective, but actually self-destructive, as humanity has struggled for millennia to find a way to live in peace and harmony.
The world’s people, having hung on to this old story tenaciously, believe and experience that there is so much more they need in order to be happy. The point is that there is enough of everything we need for all of us on the planet to be truly happy—all we have to do is find a way to share it. And what could cause us to share it would not be a new social system, but a new belief system.
End of Neale Donald Walsch text.
An entire world full of people cannot get what they collectively insist they want because their model of the world does not allow it.
Most people’s model of the world is a fort: isolation, separation, fear, lack of trust, scarcity, unfairness, limits on free will, “us vs. them,” “for us or against us,” judgment, prejudice, pre-emptive strikes, “haves and have nots,” restrictions, rules, laws, commandments, confinement, limitation, we are victims of external circumstances.
Change the model of the world from a fort to a raft and you get: freedom, connection, inclusiveness, exploration, all are ONE as Source, preferences without judgment or prejudice, floating on the River of Life, free will to get off the raft wherever you want, safety, we are co-creators of our world.
Some thoughts and concepts we have discussed in previous podcasts that relate to this question:
- We are ONE as Source. We ARE Source
- We are Pure Source Energy having a physical experience on Playground Earth, wearing body-suits to gain the full sensation of physicality
- Our Soul extends out forever, joining with other Souls as the ONE Soul of Source. We are freed from the belief of being separate, isolated, physical beings, apart from Source.
- We were all “born” with gifts of love, joy, and positive self-attributes. We still have those gifts, which may be buried under other people’s beliefs, opinions, attitudes, and thoughts that we accepted as our own
- Happiness is within you, you need not search for it elsewhere
- All people are equal and unique
- They aren’t “for” us, they aren’t “against” us, They ARE Us
- Other people are reflections of ourselves
- We always have choices. We can choose fear, or we can choose love. Have preferences, not judgments. Have preferences, not prejudices. Teach only love as your “go-to” response to all events. Change your viewpoint: See the world as you want it to be – not as you think it is now.
- We are in a waking dream, believing what we are seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, and tasting are solid, visible, and real. We can awaken from this dream of believing we are separate physical beings in a separate physical world
Let’s look at this week’s tools, activities, and summary:
- Be open to the possibility that your life can change and improve in ways unimaginable now.
- We Are All ONE as Source – we are all Pure Energy wearing a body-suit for our adventure in physicality on Playground Earth.
- Replace fear with love, knowing that we are all united as Source.
- As your life model, replace the fear-based “fort” with a love-based “raft.”
- By changing within, we become the change in the world.
- We are all part of The Global Shift in Consciousness that is occurring now.
- Ask yourself the First Persistent Question every day and feel your answer: How is it possible that 7.7 billion people can all claim to want the same thing (peace, security, opportunity, prosperity, happiness, and love) and be singularly unable to get it?
ACTION NEALE DONALD WALSCH HOPES YOU WILL TAKE…
* On a sheet of paper, place the names of five people of your direct acquaintance that you have come to “not like so much” in your life. For each of these five people, write down five things that prove the statement that “every person is wonderful” at their core.
* Actually do the above little exercise. It will make you feel incredible by allowing you to notice how much of what is really good in another. You are actually able to see and acknowledge once you get your judgment even just a little out of the way.
- If you feel attacked by someone or someone is “fighting mad,” ask: “What hurts you so bad that you feel you have to hurt me in order to heal it?”
- Envision the Earth as a giant Playground in which we all play as Pure Energy Beings having a physical experience. Imagine taking the materials from the “fort” and creating a “raft.” See yourself floating easily and calmly along the River of Life.
- Imagine no longer living in fear. Imagine seeing everyone AS US. Imagine being calm, knowing we are Source Energy in a body-suit of our own creation, in a Playground Earth of our own creation, within the multiple Universes of Source’s creation.
- Think about what changes a love-based world would provide. What would you love doing; what brings you joy and is of service to others? How would the world appear if everything and everyone were viewed from love, instead of fear?
POINTS NEALE DONALD WALSCH HOPES YOU WILL REMEMBER…
* At the heart of every person, every person is wonderful.
* No one does anything inappropriate, given their model of the world.
* The reason that humanity cannot produce what it says it so desperately wants — peace, prosperity, security, goodwill, love, joy, fulfillment, and harmony — is because humanity’s model of the world precludes it.
* The majority of people have refused to let go of this model even though it has proven to be not only ineffective, but actually self-destructive.
* What is needed now is not a new social system, but a new belief system; that is, a new Cultural Story
- We must awaken from the dream that we are victims of this world. We created this world from love and joy; we can return this world to love and joy when we remember we are all ONE as Source.
- To change the world, we change our beliefs, attitudes, thoughts, actions, and reactions from within ourselves, as Pure Source Energy surrounding a body-suit.
- Replace fear with love in every situation. If you feel attacked by someone or someone is “fighting mad,” ask: “What hurts you so bad that you feel you have to hurt me in order to heal it?”
- View your life as if you were floating peacefully on a raft. Beautiful sites, experiences, and people appear along the River of Life, from which you choose to temporarily leave your raft to explore further, based on your Free Will and what brings you joy, peace, love, and happiness. You may meet the same people in several places along the River of Life, and can easily pick up the conversation from where you left off.
- The Global Shift to Peace on Earth is occurring now; we can choose to take part in the Transformation.
You are welcome to visit my website at Jo-Calk.com. Under the “Podcaster” menu item click on the “Living a Dream: A Transformational Journey” link, I have added a bibliography of books that have inspired me and that resonate with my beliefs; I have also added new pages containing the text of the previous podcasts and will add the text of this podcast for you to review as you wish. In addition, Blog Talk Radio has recorded, saved, and makes available all the episodes of this Living a Dream: A Transformational Journey podcast series, so you can replay an episode whenever you choose. Please visit, https://www.blogtalkradio.com/livingadream/ to see the list of episodes and listen to those that have been recorded or listen to a new podcast as it is being broadcast.
If you have a question or comment, please contact me at: Jo@Jo-Calk.com
I look forward to hearing from you.
The next podcast is “The Second Persistent Question.” I will ask the second of Neale Donald Walsch’s “7 Simple Questions” from his book Storm Before the Calm. As this week, next week will be held in a Q&A open-mike forum. Please call in next week and add your voice to the discussion of each of these 7 important questions, which invite deep soul-searching – and could change the world.
I hope you will join me here next Tuesday, at 4:00 p.m. (Pacific US Time) / 7:00 p.m. (Eastern US Time).
This is Jo Calk signing off:
Blessings to all of us Dreamers on our Transformational Journey.
ALL TEXT IS COPYRIGHT (c) 2019, by Jo Calk