Source of Our Gifts: We Are All ONE
Welcome to the third episode of the Living a Dream: A Transformational Journey podcast. My name is Jo Calk. I am a Life Awareness Coach, Reiki Master, author, and speaker. Today’s episode is “Source of Our Gifts: We Are All ONE”
I had two other episodes written, but I can’t wait to tell you the great news I discovered years ago but am now sharing with others for the first time!
My Ultimate Goal is the global enlightenment and peace of our Earth, our physical reality, through the awakening, awareness, and action of all its people in our roles in transforming our beliefs toward the Earth’s physical healing.
I am not alone in having this Goal of “Peace on Earth” and cooperation, caring, and sharing by all people. However, my approach is a bit different: I am enlightening the Earth from within.
“You Must Be the Change You Want to See in the World.” – Mahatma Gandhi
In this episode, we’re going to talk about the source of those gifts that we were given at birth: The Source of our Love, Joy, and all our positive self-attributes, such as self-esteem and self-respect. And, we are going to visualize and recognize that “We Are All ONE!”
The first thing is to distinguish our self from our Higher-Self:
- Our self, which is also called the ego, is a part of our body which is responsible for maintaining our identification as our physical self and its relation to this physical world
- Our Higher Self – which has also been called by many other names: Self with a capital S, Superego, Spirit, Soul, Higher Consciousness, Soul-Self, Higher Self, etc. – is a part of All-That-Is that is having a physical experience, so it can view itself from various perspectives
What is your name for “All-That-Is”? Everything that exists, seen and unseen? The totality of everything in the Universe? In all the universes? In all multiverses? What is the word you use for “All-That-Is”? As you listen to this podcast, please replace “All-That-Is” with your word for the concept of everything that exists, seen and unseen. The concept of something greater than ourselves, that encompasses everything, is the same throughout the world, but the word or phrase we use to define that concept are the only thing that’s different among us. I want you to use your word or phrase for “All-That-Is” as your understanding of what it means to be a part of everything, a part of this entire Universe.
I will use the term “All-That-Is” to represent the “all of everything” and “everything that exists, seen and unseen.” Thus, we are a part of All-That-Is. We have a Higher Self that is the non-material spirit or soul that dwells within our physical body as a direct individuation of All-That-Is.
It is the connection between what our ego believes and what our Higher Self knows that creates the internal guidance system we have within us – when both the ego and the Higher Self are aligned, we feel calm and centered in our body; when the ego and the Higher Self are not aligned, when they disagree, we feel tension, stress, pain, or other discomfort in our body as a warning that we are not fully aligned with our Higher Self.
Our Higher Self, when it entered the physical body before the birth of itself as a newborn child, brought with it the gifts of love, joy, self-esteem, self-respect, and all the other positive self-attributes we discussed in previous podcasts.
Gradually, as we grew from infant to child, we became identified with our physical body and became indoctrinated with the roles, rules, commands, and demands of our parents, friends, teachers, and others – thus, burying our birth-day gifts under other people’s opinions and beliefs, which we had taken on as our own. We forgot our birthright and became separate physical human beings entering a dream which became our physical life. Now, we are starting to awaken from the dream, remembering that we are a part of All-That-Is. We rediscovered our gifts and now recognize the source of our gifts and that we are part of All-That-Is. We are expanding our view of our Self beyond our physical body and starting to see our importance to this world.
Is that difficult to accept? Each of us, while unique, is also a part of All-That-Is. All-That-Is doesn’t play favorites, loving one part of Itself more than another. Synonymous with Unconditional Love Itself, All-That-Is does not put “conditions” on Its Love of, nor punish, any aspect of Itself.
All-That-Is loves each of us equally. Each of us is an equal, and unique, part of All-That-Is. We are each responsible for our own actions, reactions, and beliefs.
Knowing a concept and explaining the concept are totally different activities. Take the concept “we are all One with All-That-Is,” for example.
The concept of “we are all One with All-That-Is” is so expansive that words can’t describe it. It’s best described with feelings – such as openness, freedom, interrelationships, connections – but even words fail when attempting to describe feelings. How can I explain it to others? Instead of trying to explain the vastness, I’ll use a basic building block with which most of us are familiar.
This exercise to explain “we are all One” works best with several people standing or sitting in a circle, holding hands; but it also works with a single person sitting in a chair, or lying on the floor or on a bed, with your hand on an object, such as the chair arm, a table, a pillow, or a pet who doesn’t mind being still for a while. Once you are in your chosen position:
- Close your eyes
- Take three slow, deep breaths through your diaphragm (also called breathing through your “stomach” or abdomen)
- Slowly shift your focus to one hand – either hand if you are holding hands in a circle, or the hand that is touching an object
- Take a few moments thinking about the hand as a part of you – as a representation of you in this exercise
- Shift your focus to the skin on your hand
- Notice the tactile sensation of touching the other person’s hand or the object
- Think of the color of your hand – what term, other than black or white, would you use to describe the color of the skin on your hand – beige, ecru, tan, mocha, chocolate, orange, green?
- Focus on the texture of your hand’s skin – pick a term that describes the texture – is it soft, smooth, rough, calloused, weathered, tender?
- Now, we are going deeper
- Focus on a very small area of your hand where it is touching the other person’s hand or the object
- Focus on the skin cells in that area – there are too many to count, but all working together to form a unified organ called the skin that envelops our physical bodies and has been used to define us as individuals
- Focus on a single skin cell in that area – consider how that single skin cell is both individual/separate/unique and part of the whole that constitutes our skin – this is one example of “we are all One”
- Now, we are going deeper still
- Focus within the skin cell and visualize the molecules that combine to form that skin cell – another example of unique parts forming the whole – “we are all One”
- Deeper, still
- Focus within one molecule and visualize the atoms that create that molecule
- Each atom, with its nucleus of protons and neutrons plus its electrons, is similar, yet unique
- Rather than going deeper, we will examine this one atom further
- Notice that the atom has no color and no texture
- Notice how the atom occupies an area defined by the orbits of its electrons, but no physical boundary is evident
- Notice how much space is between the nucleus and the electrons – we find All-That-Is within that space and within the nucleus and electrons
- Stay with that image of All-That-Is within us
- Focus on other atoms in the vicinity of our target atom
- At this level, there is no distinction between an atom of your hand and an atom of another person’s hand, or the atom of the object held by your hand – this is the concept “we are all One”
- Stay with that sense of Oneness – feel the expansion of your awareness – feel your connection to everything
- Perhaps remember this sensation of Oneness during meditations or as a grounding tool
- Be in no hurry to leave this feeling – in fact, take this feeling with you as you slowly return
- Slowly return to your atom – then to your molecule – then to your skin cell
- Notice that the skin cell has started to introduce color, but not yet texture
- Notice the skin on the small area of your hand – more color is added, and texture is introduced
- Notice the skin on your hand – a definition of “you,” as distinct from “not you,” is introduced – boundaries between you and the other person’s hand or the object are established at this level
- As you slowly return to your body, continue to feel the interconnectedness of everything – don’t isolate your self in your body – bring that peace and knowingness that “we are all One” with you
- Take three slow, deep breaths to bring your self and your knowledge back to this physical reality
- Slowly open your eyes
Know That We Are All One
Remember kindergarten, when you were graded on your social behavior? One measure of social behavior probably was: “plays well with others.” Think about your interactions with other people this past week. On a scale of 1 through 10, with 1 being “not well at all” and 10 being “extremely well,” how would you rate yourself on “plays well with others”? How do you feel when you are around other people? Do you compare yourself to others? Do you like being around some people, but not others?
If you were offered a major role in an international project of critical importance, would you accept the role? Could you work with a team from all continents and islands? What kind of role would you want: leader, subject matter expert, project manager, international liaison, marketer, researcher, teacher, mentor, implementer, mechanic, architect, builder, artist, musician, medical, dental, psychological, sociological, team builder, creative, engineer, transportation, sanitation, gardener, nutrition, team leader, translator, cheerleader? What reward would you expect for your role in this critical project? How about saving your own life and the lives of 7.5 billion people and countless billions of animals and plants? Could you envision yourself working toward a cause so much greater than yourself?
If not you, who? If not now, when? Let’s all play well with others. We are all connected, and we are all part of All-That-Is. Together we can have Peace on Earth and goodwill toward ALL.
- Be open to the possibility that your life can change and improve in ways unimaginable now.
- You were born filled with Love, Joy, and positive self-attributes.
- We Are All ONE with All-That-Is
- “You Must Be the Change You Want to See in the World.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- Repeat the “Looking Within Visualization” until you can truly visualize your physical body as having no boundaries at the deep level of the atom. Feel the calm centeredness of knowing that you are part of something so much larger than your self and your body. Find the peace in knowing that you are not alone, that you are an important part of All-That-Is, and that, at the deepest level, We Are All ONE with All-That-Is.
- Journal, write, talk, or draw about the experience of being ONE with everything else in the Universe – what does it feel like? How do you feel now? Do you feel more expansive, more open, more connected?
- Try the “Looking Within Visualization” while touching other people or objects, such as a tree, an animal, a flower, a rock, water, or any number of other objects you had once considered “separate” from you.
- Try the “Looking Within Visualization” while only touching the air, and notice how, at the level of the atom, you are even indistinguishable from the air around you. Expand that concept beyond your area – to envelop the entire world and your connection to all of that, to All-That-Is, as a part of All-That-Is.
- We were born with gifts from All-That-Is
- We are not separate physical beings
- At the deepest level of our being, there is no distinction between “us” and “not us”
- We Are All ONE with All-That-Is
- We Are All ONE with the Earth
- We Are All ONE with the Universe
You are welcome to visit my website at Jo-Calk.com. I have added new pages containing the text of the first two podcasts and will add the text of this podcast for you to review as you wish. In addition, Blog Talk Radio has recorded, saved, and makes available all of the episodes of this Living a Dream: A Transformational Journey podcast series, so you can replay the “Looking Within Visualization” whenever you choose.
If you have a specific question or comment, please contact me at: Jo@Jo-Calk.com
I look forward to hearing from you.
Our next podcast continues exploring our concept of our Self as so much more expansive than our physical bodies – which, in fact, are not separate at all, but are all part of All-That-Is.
I hope you will join me here next Tuesday, at 4:00 p.m. (Pacific US Time) / 7:00 p.m. (Eastern US Time).
This is Jo Calk signing off:
Blessings to all of us Dreamers on our Transformational Journey.
ALL TEXT IS COPYRIGHT (c) 2019, by Jo Calk